General Chat (OOC) - Page 37

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Chat (OOC)

Go down 
+7
Ignaeon
Mugetsu
JayK
Kizomaru Hotaru
Gent4
Ulqui-chan
Azreal
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Title : Mr. Ultimate
Soul Cash : 6710
Male Age : 30

Character sheet
RPC's:

General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 Empty
PostSubject: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptySat Oct 13, 2012 8:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

I can easily falcon punch you.

Last edited by Azreal on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:52 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Title : Rex Draconis, Bringer of divine fury, Technomancer of Cascades, Aetheromancer, Master of the Eldritch, Invincible Cleric, Plaugelord, Tantibunecromancer, Lord of Prohibition, & Mayor of a little village up the coast.
Soul Cash : 4921

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:03 pm

moreso their 5 senses; he is able to see what they have seen, hear what they have heard, etc. he can only do this upon meeting them in person though.
Back to top Go down
JayK
Seasoned Member
JayK

Title : The Unfettered
Soul Cash : 4827
Male Age : 27

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:05 pm

You should give him the ability to alter the senses, including changing the perception of depth, size, and chronological clarity.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:05 pm

I know. I need a job.
Back to top Go down
Mikura
Mikura

Soul Cash : 4389

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Mugetsu wrote:
Yeah, it's metagaming. But for a character like that, it could make the RP more interesting. Hmm...

I disagree... Strongly. This allows for a character that is firstly, god. If you have access to the information of EVERY TOPIC a character has been in, EVERY event in their life and EVERY ability they have on offer, your character is simply unbeatable. Combine it with the sentence "This character is a quick thinker" / "Has a high IQ" means that the character can:

Quite effectively counter every technique you use, due to seeing how they work from the users perspective (I.E, they can feel how the body moves, thus how to attack when that chance is give to completely negate the attack).
Know how you're going to react in a situation due to knowing how you react to a specific situation that has happened before.
Essentially knows everything about a character, making them impossible to lie to or decieve.
Can gain any and all knowledge of any ongoing events, such as (But not limited to) betrayals.

Memories of "What you've seen, touched etc." - is a REDICULOUS amount of knowledge for just meeting someone. I feel that such an ability has the potential to destroy as much RP as it creates. If this was an Espada, and another member wanted to kill them to gain their spot, he would know before hand and could kill them in their sleep legitimately. Sounds fair.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:12 pm

Matt has a point.
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Title : Rex Draconis, Bringer of divine fury, Technomancer of Cascades, Aetheromancer, Master of the Eldritch, Invincible Cleric, Plaugelord, Tantibunecromancer, Lord of Prohibition, & Mayor of a little village up the coast.

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:15 pm

unless that espada talked about their plan, he would not know. also, keep in mind it has the practical limitation of me actually having to wade thought such info. he cannot see inside their head, just the view from there. keep in mind this will be his main ability, and can be played around easiliy (he's predicting my moves, I'll have to do something I haven't done before). and if the espada really did attempt to rally against him, regardless of knowledge, he may not be able to defeat all 10 at once. he can't read emotions this way either.
Back to top Go down
JayK
Seasoned Member
JayK

Title : The Unfettered
Soul Cash : 4827
Male Age : 27

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:17 pm

But Ignaeon...

If all they need to do is talk about their plan at all, wouldn't that still be a bit godly? What happens when they state "I'm going to kill you now"? Does he then know their entire premeditated scheme?

Or do they need to ELABORATE at some point?
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:18 pm

5 senses; he only knows what they explain, and only if it's within their sense while explaining it.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Title : The Infamous Hash
Soul Cash : 6088
Female Age : 29

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:20 pm

Mikura wrote:
Mugetsu wrote:
Yeah, it's metagaming. But for a character like that, it could make the RP more interesting. Hmm...

I disagree... Strongly. This allows for a character that is firstly, god. If you have access to the information of EVERY TOPIC a character has been in, EVERY event in their life and EVERY ability they have on offer, your character is simply unbeatable. Combine it with the sentence "This character is a quick thinker" / "Has a high IQ" means that the character can:

Quite effectively counter every technique you use, due to seeing how they work from the users perspective (I.E, they can feel how the body moves, thus how to attack when that chance is give to completely negate the attack).
Know how you're going to react in a situation due to knowing how you react to a specific situation that has happened before.
Essentially knows everything about a character, making them impossible to lie to or decieve.
Can gain any and all knowledge of any ongoing events, such as (But not limited to) betrayals.

Memories of "What you've seen, touched etc." - is a REDICULOUS amount of knowledge for just meeting someone. I feel that such an ability has the potential to destroy as much RP as it creates. If this was an Espada, and another member wanted to kill them to gain their spot, he would know before hand and could kill them in their sleep legitimately. Sounds fair.

No one here (or at least no one I would trust to play such a role), RP's like that. That's just overboard. I was talking about using it for some mild psychological torture, to throw people off a bit.
Back to top Go down
https://bleachoblivion.rpg-board.net
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:24 pm

there's truth in what mik said, though there was a lot of misinterprentation as well. 5 senses means he can't tell if they lied in the memory or not. I've also stated many ways the ability could be countered.

and while he would use the knowledge to predict moves, they just need to change their tactics a little. the psycho torture was more what I was going for.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:25 pm

o.0
Back to top Go down
Mikura
Mikura

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Ignaeon wrote:
unless that espada talked about their plan, he would not know. also, keep in mind it has the practical limitation of me actually having to wade thought such info. he cannot see inside their head, just the view from there. keep in mind this will be his main ability, and can be played around easiliy (he's predicting my moves, I'll have to do something I haven't done before). and if the espada really did attempt to rally against him, regardless of knowledge, he may not be able to defeat all 10 at once. he can't read emotions this way either.

But the fact it is down to your discretion completely destroys this reply. I'm sorry, but let us say a character has a weakness that has been seen in a previous topic. You can conveniently gain that bit of information in an instant, and use the same strategy. Which, depending on the character, can work near 100% of the time. Saying "can be easily played around" doesn't mean anything when "Other people have no possible way of knowing your ability without you telling them it." - The fact is that if you get ONE piece of information per post, you can pick and choose what information you see. They can start a technique, you can see it in a flash and know how to counter it because your character has "Can react at lightning speed to any given situation" in the personality. And I specifically meant one member of the Espada. Grimmjaw, for example, would be the type to boast about how he would kill your character. You would know about this instantly, and my previous statement could play true.

^I'm not actually saying this is what you'll do, but it is a VERY likely scenario given the sheer power of such an ability. The fact that it IS possible for you to know every one of mine, and everyone elses abilities and past just by spending a bit of time with them is a bit unsettling for me personally. If he's a Shinigami, and my character has killed a Shinigami in cold blood, you can know that instantly and react abnormally to a situation. I, and no other character, have that benefit. People dislike metagaming for a reason, and I see a huge piece of metagaming potential. Especially if not put in the right hands.
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:49 pm

Would a wise character not learn how to play around their weakness? as an example; suppose a character's fighting style has a huge opening (perhaps they swing to wide, and are vulnerable to counters). once a character learns this, would they not focus on reducing this opening? true, this does not always work, but why would the soul society send one person to deal with the espada lord? provided their working in teams, these teams could cover each other's weaknesses. also note the lack of other abilities; just because one knows a weakpoint doesn't mean they can exploit it (i.e.: why should it matter that I know the're weak to fire if I can't produce fire, and don't learn this in time to have someone at my side who can). Finally, the ability would be known among the espada, and this lord would not be too paranoid (i.e.: he's not the type to kill someone because he learned they said they'd kill him; he may just be slightly more on gaurd, increase his personal body gaurds slightly.
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:55 pm

and keep in mind this is just speculation.
Back to top Go down
Ignaeon
Captain
Ignaeon

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:59 pm

well, heading to bed. goodnight everyone, and feel free to message me on thoughts for the ability.
Back to top Go down
Mikura
Mikura

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:02 pm

Ignaeon wrote:
Would a wise character not learn how to play around their weakness? as an example; suppose a character's fighting style has a huge opening (perhaps they swing to wide, and are vulnerable to counters). once a character learns this, would they not focus on reducing this opening? true, this does not always work, but why would the soul society send one person to deal with the espada lord? provided their working in teams, these teams could cover each other's weaknesses. also note the lack of other abilities; just because one knows a weakpoint doesn't mean they can exploit it (i.e.: why should it matter that I know the're weak to fire if I can't produce fire, and don't learn this in time to have someone at my side who can). Finally, the ability would be known among the espada, and this lord would not be too paranoid (i.e.: he's not the type to kill someone because he learned they said they'd kill him; he may just be slightly more on gaurd, increase his personal body gaurds slightly.

Again, my example was between two individual members of the Espada. Say, #3 and #2. It is irrelevant how the character acts who has the ability, the ability itself has incredibly overpowered atributes. If someone was sent to by a spy and act as someone else, your character can meet them and immediately know they are a spy - If you choose to gain that piece of information. The fact that the information you gain isn't random and based upon what you want is the issue here.

Izuru Kira, who has the Zanpakuto that doubles the weight of anything it touches. By seeing the scene where he reveals this to an opponent (Which you could choose to do so), you can completely negate his ability by not blocking, but dodging his attacks.

I can't stress enough that the problem isn't with you, nor the character. The technique itself has so much potential to be abused that if I personally was to have it, I could rather simply counter every character on this forum just by being smart about the images I choose to see. <- That is a fault within the ability itself.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 11:21 pm

And now I'm just going to go play soul res for the rest of the night. e.e
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Title : The Shadow Mistress~
Soul Cash : 4698
Female Age : 32

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:10 am

The fuck did I miss? O.o Sorry been gone most of the rest of the day, trying to ignore my bleeding vag e.e
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:14 am

Me and Ignaeon were discussing possible techniques for an espada lord character if he made one and suddenly it became a debate for everyone. e.e

Tmi Kizo, tmi. xD
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:19 am

Ah I see o.o

Yeah maybe but idgaf XD We talk about splitting penises here so..>3> XD
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:20 am

We're all sickos. xD
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:28 am

Indeed XD

Mugetsu wrote:
Indeed. @.@ I'm also thinking that we will need a new Espada lord soon. The RP is active enough, but the plot needs to actually start moving, which right now depends on the Espada lord. e.e

I thought the Sins were sorta the fall back, least the ones in HM o.o Lilah can get a bit of a plot going in Caelum's absence but that may be all she can do o.o

Chaos Harbinger Kilik wrote:
And Ereal, Kizo, and Ulqui wouldn't be able to, since they all have an Espada. Well, that is unless Mugglez made an exception.

Technically the EL doesn't have to be an Espada/Arrancar o.o

Mugetsu wrote:
I'd make an exception, since Espada Lord is important. I just really don't want to do it myself. o-o

If I had to, I could probably pull it off o-o Do I want to..? I think the better question is, does one want me to? XD I would actually love to play a character like that. =w= Hell I was so good at playing Light that my friends were scared XD Hm...Just got an idea for a FC if a new EL is needed and I attempt to play them...Can anyone guess..? Huh? Huh? Should be obvious who I'm speaking of =w=
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 12:33 am

If you wanna play the Espada lord, be my quest. o.o

For some reason, I'm thinking Izaya, but he isn't a high enough rank. xD
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 1:48 am

What do you mean by we all are sickos? Its just the females.

She will face claim freeza, or angemon. XD
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 EmptySat Oct 20, 2012 2:31 am

Mugetsu wrote:
If you wanna play the Espada lord, be my quest. o.o

For some reason, I'm thinking Izaya, but he isn't a high enough rank. xD

Cool =w=

And he's already claimed by me anyway XD This would be a new one obviously XD

Azreal wrote:
What do you mean by we all are sickos? Its just the females.

She will face claim freeza, or angemon. XD

Psh you could be a sicko if you wanted to >3>

Nope o.o

I was thinking either Light or going with a female Lulu from FFX o.o I can even go Code Geass Lulu XD Problem is Light wouldn't have much to work with ability wise, Lulu FFX might be breaking the rules and Geass Lulu doesn't have too much either, but more than Light o.o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chat (OOC)   General Chat (OOC) - Page 37 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Chat (OOC)
Page 37 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next