Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
5 posters

Should the RP be switched to rapid-fire or stay advanced?
Rapid-fire
Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] I_vote_lcap70%Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] I_vote_rcap
 70% [ 7 ]
Advanced
Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] I_vote_lcap30%Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Mugetsu
Admin

Title : The Infamous Hash
Soul Cash : 6088
Female Age : 29

Character sheet
RPC's:

Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] Empty
PostSubject: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 12:29 pm

I'm too lazy to write out some big convoluted explanation... so if you want to know what's going on, read the "I'm Done" announcement.
Back to top Go down
https://bleachoblivion.rpg-board.net
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Title : The Shadow Mistress~
Soul Cash : 4698
Female Age : 32

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Voted rapid-fire...Kinda thought there'd be more votes by now o.e
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Title : Mr. Ultimate
Soul Cash : 6710
Male Age : 30

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:36 pm

I voted Rapid Fire. I wonder who voted for advance? O.o
Back to top Go down
nycboyLC
Admin
nycboyLC

Title : King of Heroes
Soul Cash : 5332
Male Age : 31
Location : Houston/Austin, TX, USA, NA, WH, Earth, Sun SS, Milkyway, Universe

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:39 pm

*raises hand* Idk if I need to elaborate. It's a poll.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:40 pm

I expected it was you. No need to elaborate..
Back to top Go down
nycboyLC
Admin
nycboyLC

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:47 pm

'twas I! Fighting an ended war like the King of Heroes! Or easy inference considering I was the only one online who hadn't revealed their opinion here o.o
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Yeah, plus. You, me, Kizo, and Hash were the only ones on. Me, Kizo, and Hash were fine with Rapid Fire, and you did not say that you were. It was a fair estimation.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:05 pm

The thing is, those who chose rapid-fire can still do an advanced type post when they feel they're able to, it's just we're thinking of changing to rapid fire so that those who chose to RP that way don't fear being chastised for their short posts.

Some people don't have time to plan a four-six paragraph post with two thousand plus words, nor do some people have the brainpower/energy to do so. Life gets in the way. RPing is a means of escaping everyday stress and sometimes worrying about writing a post that lives up to your rank/the advanced rule of the site is just another addition to real life stress, in short, RPing advanced can be too stressful at times; It should be a choice, not a rule.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 3:08 pm

What Kizo said. I lose interest in rp if i have to post long paragraphs, especially when i am blank.
Back to top Go down
nycboyLC
Admin
nycboyLC

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:32 am

@Kizo that's cool I guess, but my vote still stays in advanced. There are several good reasons why every forum site I know (and I dare say 75-80% if not all) are advanced. This is a poll and I'm pretty sure most people instinctively want to post short so we probably will switch to short posts so I will save my opinion and just wait.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 1:46 am

Having long post are not signs of being "Advance". It can be a five line posts, and the quality could equal that of a eight paragraph post made by a newb or moderate role player. Quality > Quantity.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Closet Rebellion
Seasoned Member

Title : The Conflicted
Soul Cash : 5132

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 2:52 am

Kizomaru Hotaru wrote:
The thing is, those who chose rapid-fire can still do an advanced type post when they feel they're able to, it's just we're thinking of changing to rapid fire so that those who chose to RP that way don't fear being chastised for their short posts.

Some people don't have time to plan a four-six paragraph post with two thousand plus words, nor do some people have the brainpower/energy to do so. Life gets in the way. RPing is a means of escaping everyday stress and sometimes worrying about writing a post that lives up to your rank/the advanced rule of the site is just another addition to real life stress, in short, RPing advanced can be too stressful at times; It should be a choice, not a rule.

I second the motion of this statement. You pretty much said everything I wanted to say. Yay for the quote button and laziness!
Back to top Go down
nycboyLC
Admin
nycboyLC

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 4:13 pm

J_Azreal wrote:
Having long post are not signs of being "Advance". It can be a five line posts, and the quality could equal that of a eight paragraph post made by a newb or moderate role player. Quality > Quantity.

Your comparison :/ If a moderate RPer posts five lines then rewords that same post into as long as they want (> 5 lines), the posts should have more clarity and depth. With Advanced RPing, Quality and Quantity should not be mentioned as supplementary. Quantity should come as a natural effect of Quality. Since Advanced RP naturally implies more detail, the details cannot be contained in extremely small amounts. Therefore, a truly advanced RPer should be able to write with good quality in both 5 lines and 8 paragraphs, but, because Advanced RP means more detail without focusing on reaching a certain length, the 8 paragraphs should have higher quality than the 5 lines. This poll is just asking if some people who are not advanced should let up the farce of being advanced and post whatever amount of length they want along with those who are advanced not having to make it seem like they are advanced at all time by having full-length posts.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Post that are eight paragraphs, are mainly filler. Which are not stuff neccesary to the current area that they are in. Other role players do not want to read eight paragraphs, only to realise that their opponenet was only "Charging at them and slashing at their chest". I sure as hell would not. If it was imprtant to the storyline they are creating, then fine. But if someone is typing a eight paragraph post in a rp fight, it mainly means that he\she are posting alot of filler, and are wasting to much time.
Back to top Go down
nycboyLC
Admin
nycboyLC

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 6:11 pm

I wouldn't say most posts that are 8 paragraphs long are full of fullers but I would definitely agree with that. Sometimes people feel then have to type a lot so they dig into random places. Those people are trying to keep a facade that they are advanced, which is something I don't understand why they would do. If you don't enjoy reading through details that aren't related to the attack or defense, cool, 5 lines is probably the way to go, since it's basically focused only on the action. There are, though, a great amount of RPers who actually want to see posts that lengthy because they know whether the RPer who posted that much actually had a reason for all that or if they were just trying to act Advanced and just add tons of useless words.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 7:18 pm

Most are trying to appear "Advance". And if they dude, they are held highly in the forum or group they are in. Which develops a "Condescending Personality". Such as Bya, a dude from Moba. Last year, in a group of his, he posted a profile. The profile mainly consisted of a 5000 word bio(estimating), and the rest. Filler, those type fill that, if their posts and profiles are long, they are held as advance role players. I know advance role players who don't even feel like reading post with 1000 + characters, let alone a eight paragraph post, since they believe in Quality over Quantity. Quantity in posts does nothing but make the role players lose their drive to rp, thats it.
Back to top Go down
nycboyLC
Admin
nycboyLC

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 8:34 pm

Your example :/ I taught Bya how to RP (if you ask him, he won't deny it) and we were pretty good friends so I'll tell you this much: he adds that information because he actually made that character and cared for it. If it was a bleach group, for example, the character was probably Kuchiki Daisuke which is a character he's had since he started. My Ryonnen Bio is really long since I've used him in so many RP groups too. And actually, if you go here http://s1.zetaboards.com/One_Piece_RP/index/ this is somewhere Bya has been RPing for a while now (along with some of my other Moba friends). Check out their posts. From the last time I checked, they reply fast and big because they make stories. They don't have a necessary post limit but they have big posts because their quantity comes with Quality. Those two components go hand in hand. That site has been active for years since we found it in 2009. I'm sure if you go there at any time near night the CB will just keep running. They haven't lost their drive and some of them post up to 10 paragraphs some times.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 9:32 pm

I already know of te forum, and the site, he tried to get a lot of us to join. Did not know you taught him, but a bio should not be that long, he cares about the profile, good, but still did not need to add so much.
Back to top Go down
nycboyLC
Admin
nycboyLC

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:14 pm

Well, not trying to be rude, but it's his decision. Now, if his posts were as long as his bio and had tons of worthless information, then yeah I would agree it's useless, but you can't really tell someone how to RP. No site does, including this one.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 11:44 pm

You are correct, thats why we say that you could post more if you want.
Back to top Go down
nycboyLC
Admin
nycboyLC

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 12:53 am

The problem is who said there was ever a requirement to post long posts? I'm pretty sure we said minimum 5 lines. If anyone didn't want to post big, they could just post five lines ._. If five lines are still too much, then we could discuss lowering the amount of lines required, but I think this poll is more of a symbolic thing where everyone is saying it's socially acceptable to post less than two paragraphs or something. Idk. That's really why I chose advanced. I don't really understand why we have to vote about how each of us will post from now on. We can just...post however we want...like we always could have.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 11:32 pm

o.o Actually....That's a pretty good point .-. It IS only FIVE LINES minimum, we just went on like we did cause we were afraid of being chastised.
Back to top Go down
nycboyLC
Admin
nycboyLC

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 2:00 am

Exactly...now if we wanted this poll to result in a topic being made to say we accept all lengths 5 lines or greater, I can assure anyone we don't need this poll for that, so I just voted and accepted it assuming Mug has a different reason for making the poll.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Member

Title : The Conflicted
Soul Cash : 5132

Character sheet
RPC's:

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:36 am

So... I guess that pretty much solves everything then. 5 lines sounds good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote]   Rapid-fire or Advanced? [Vote] Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1