I'm Done - Page 2

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm Done

Go down 
+6
Ulqui-chan
Azreal
Salt
Prince Caelum Tsukiyo
Kizomaru Hotaru
Mugetsu
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mugetsu
Admin

Title : The Infamous Hash
Soul Cash : 6088
Female Age : 29

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:27 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, I have an announcement. Many of you probably won’t care anyway, but I thought I would let you all know. I will most likely be dropping out of forum RP. See, as I was RP’ing on mobion, I realized some things. First of all, I went there to see if doing some shorter posts would help me recover my muse. Then I found out I had never lost it to begin with. I’m already using two characters and posting 10+ times a day. The posts are usually only a paragraph or two, however. But I’ll tell ya, it was a lot more fun than typing up long ass posts and dreading the moment that my partner posts back. Really, the bulk of these large posts is just filler; unnecessary details that no one cares about. Sometimes, I’d take hours trying to think of what nonsense I could add to my posts to make them look bigger. I can’t do that anymore, I honestly don’t have the time. Also, I don’t like the competition. Many people that if they add the most unnecessary bullshit descriptions to their attacks, that they’re sure to hit; then they make a case out of it when you avoid it. Or they add half their bio to each and every post and think they’re just top shit. I already have enough rl stress, I don’t need the stress of having to keep up the appearance of being a “good RP’er”. I’m a good writer, I’m good at thinking of ways to trap opponents, I’m good at designing characters, but I’m not good at RP’ing; I never have been. I’ve always wanted to be anyone but myself, and that’s why I got so addicted to RP, even though it feels like a chore here. Now that my life is starting up, I’ve got to face facts. I can’t live in this fantasy world anymore. In other words, I’m not willing to spend hours poring over RP posts anymore. I’d rather take the easy way out, whip up a post in five minutes, and then go do other things.

Now I realize I sound hypocritical; I’m the one who encouraged large posts and enforced the rules for them. I dunno why, I guess I just thought that was what everyone who RP’ed on forums liked. Looking back, I guess I should not have tried to follow the same code as the other RP forums, but it’s too late.

I also get that there are some people who can type up a long, detailed, awesome post pretty fast, and that the longer posts add more emotion, etc. to the RP. But it’s not my thing. I’m too impatient to read 2000 words posts, and too lazy/busy to type ‘em. These days, even pulling off 750 words is impossible for me. e.e

So there you have it, from now on, I will only participate in rapid-fire RP, and it will be a rare occurrence. If I feel like writing a lot, I’ll write a story or something, like I used to do.

This doesn’t mean I’m leaving or anything, I’ll still run this place, but I’ll just be in the background, doing administrative stuff. Doesn’t make a huge difference since I'm generally ignored a majority of the time these days, unless somebody needs something. You can still ask me for help whenever; I wouldn’t completely ditch a site that I put so much effort into.

One more thing, I’m keeping Ichigo and Pride as unattainable ranks/characters until I’m willing to part with them, if ever. Ereal, you can go ahead and skip over Leto somehow. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.
Back to top Go down
https://bleachoblivion.rpg-board.net

AuthorMessage
nycboyLC
Admin
nycboyLC

Title : King of Heroes
Soul Cash : 5332
Male Age : 31
Location : Houston/Austin, TX, USA, NA, WH, Earth, Sun SS, Milkyway, Universe

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:15 pm

@Kizo I think by course Mars meant Major :p

interesting point Mug. Do what your heart yearns. You have my blessing. I think everyone has their own opinion on how RP should be and as long as it's fun then good!
Back to top Go down
Ulqui-chan
God of Death
Ulqui-chan

Title : The Bloody Cross
Soul Cash : 6082
Female Age : 28

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:50 pm

Anyone can get scholarships kizo o.o I have like $15,000 a year and I was homeschooled too. Depends on the state I guess but I got mine through the ACT test
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Title : Mr. Ultimate
Soul Cash : 6710
Male Age : 30

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:58 pm

Nerd.
Back to top Go down
Ulqui-chan
God of Death
Ulqui-chan

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 8:13 pm

proudly >.>
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Title : The Shadow Mistress~
Soul Cash : 4698
Female Age : 32

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:08 pm

@Nyc: Ah o.o Well I've honestly got no clue, cause my minds more focused on getting a good job that pays a lot so I can pay back the aid I'll need x.x It's not focused on what I want, because a part of me keeps saying it's irresponsible and that I should go for how I'll get more money to live comfortably than happily x.x

@Ulqui: I live in Florida o.o And from what I've seen from the little research I was able to do, I need to apply for aid and stuff before I graduate...Which I already have x.x
Back to top Go down
Ulqui-chan
God of Death
Ulqui-chan

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 10:12 pm

well go in with undecided and get a taste of some different majors with different classes. something that pays good can still be something you like.

and oh o.o idk how it all works. obviously i'm not in florida so it could be different?
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 am

Undecided FTWWWWWWW!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ulqui-chan
God of Death
Ulqui-chan

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:52 am

undecided lame >.>
Back to top Go down
Ika Mazi (Jeff)
Lost Soul

Soul Cash : 4388

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:07 pm

I truly enjoy long RPs because of the depth it can add but it all depends on what you mean by Rapid Fire.If you mean this----> Jumps out of the way and makes a slash at the opponents chest grinning then hopping back smiles happily as they then launch a Cero.

No Hell naw but two to 3 paras? I'm cool with that lol...
Back to top Go down
Ulqui-chan
God of Death
Ulqui-chan

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:30 pm

well i see it as at least a paragraph? o.o or close? O_o no one will probably stop you from posting more though .-. i proably will unless i just get extremely lazy xD
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Rapid fire is mainly two paragraphs, but more if you feel the need to add so.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 9:45 pm

Rapid fire to me is the five line minimum XD I can get going, but if I can only muster a paragraph then I won't freak like I usually do ><
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 28, 2012 2:42 pm

Five or seven is a paragraph, usually. Its not any newb posting crap.
Back to top Go down
The Dark Closet Rebellion
Seasoned Member

Title : The Conflicted
Soul Cash : 5132

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 4:54 am

@Kizo: One thing I gotta say to you when it comes to choosing your career and stuff: Let your passion be part of the job, or BE your job, that way it wouldn't feel like an obligation or just something to pay the bills. Go for your strengths, if you're good at English or languages take a course like International Studies or an English major. Either way it has to be something you're passionate about, that way when the going gets tough and classes start to get stressful you know why you're there, and why you have to keep going. And it'll make you happier when you land a job and stuff.

I'm sure there's a lot of scholarships available even if you're homeschooled.
<--- Is homeschooled too xD
Back to top Go down
Ika Mazi (Jeff)
Lost Soul

Soul Cash : 4388

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 2:13 pm

I like pie :3 lol no really though,I hope this gets resolved...
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 5:58 pm

The Dark Closet Rebellion wrote:
@Kizo: One thing I gotta say to you when it comes to choosing your career and stuff: Let your passion be part of the job, or BE your job, that way it wouldn't feel like an obligation or just something to pay the bills. Go for your strengths, if you're good at English or languages take a course like International Studies or an English major. Either way it has to be something you're passionate about, that way when the going gets tough and classes start to get stressful you know why you're there, and why you have to keep going. And it'll make you happier when you land a job and stuff.

Well according to my parents I shouldn't do that, I should just go for the money jobs and fuck being happy in my work life. Because, and I quote, "Work isn't meant to be fun, that's why it's called work." So...Yeah, and I also shouldn't try getting into a college without having some kind of job first, which is true granted, but there's no guarantee I'll be able to find one and I'd like to get into a college sometime next year x.x

Yay! XD I hope so, I'll talk to this one chick about it, I'mma try and see her thursday.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 02, 2012 8:28 pm

Its just about figured out, Jeff.
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Member

Title : The Conflicted
Soul Cash : 5132

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 6:02 pm

Kizomaru Hotaru wrote:

Well according to my parents I shouldn't do that, I should just go for the money jobs and fuck being happy in my work life. Because, and I quote, "Work isn't meant to be fun, that's why it's called work." So...Yeah, and I also shouldn't try getting into a college without having some kind of job first, which is true granted, but there's no guarantee I'll be able to find one and I'd like to get into a college sometime next year x.x

Yay! XD I hope so, I'll talk to this one chick about it, I'mma try and see her thursday.

Huh @.@ Well, my parents said otherwise? Anyways it's still your choice whether to go for your parent's advice or mine or make your own, so yeah. What kind of work do they have planned on letting you do? (I'm thinking your parents are Asian, not being racist or anything but yeah. Lol)

Chick you say? Hmmm... >w> Woah woah mind, don't go there--- *lasso's pervy side and tosses it back to the dungeons* Sorry about that. ^^;

@Jeff: Apple pies. Are. Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 06, 2012 12:53 am

Kizomaru Hotaru wrote:

Huh @.@ Well, my parents said otherwise? Anyways it's still your choice whether to go for your parent's advice or mine or make your own, so yeah. What kind of work do they have planned on letting you do? (I'm thinking your parents are Asian, not being racist or anything but yeah. Lol)

Chick you say? Hmmm... >w> Woah woah mind, don't go there--- *lasso's pervy side and tosses it back to the dungeons* Sorry about that. ^^;

@Jeff: Apple pies. Are. Awesome.

Meh, got some Asian blood but not 100% Asian XD

They just want me to have a job that pays so I can pay off the debt from college, mainly they want me to do the jobs that no one wants...Like you'd see on that discovery channel song Dirty Jobs and that anything I like that has a job associated with it should be a hobby, cause according to them it ruins hobbies x.x

Lol well being home schooled my mom would take us to someone who would help determine if I and my siblings would move onto the next grade, so I'm hoping she might be able to help me out with the college stuff >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm Done - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Done
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BLEACH NIRVANA ::  General :: Archives :: OOC-
Jump to:  
SISTER SITES
SO I WISH FOR STRENGTH
I'm Done - Page 2 Affiliatebanner1-1 Devil Never Cry
Road to Nowhere Bleach The World
KHA An AU KH/FF School RP Forum I'm Done - Page 2 Aff10
CENSUS
IF I CANNOT PROTECT THEM FROM THE WHEEL
ARRANCAR 16 18
BOUNT 3 3
FULLBRINGER 5 12
HOLLOW 3 4
HUMAN 6 7
QUINCY 7 6
SHINIGAMI 13 36
TOGABITO 8 12
VISORED 7 11
TOTAL 68 108
SPOTLIGHT
THEN GIVE ME A STRONG BLADE
Doctor is the member of the month. Ever since he joined, he's been extremely active, and really knows how to get things moving plot-wise. He was recently promoted to staff as well, and so far has shown great enthusiasm. He's also a friendly presence in the c-box, which is never a bad thing.

Gray is character of the month. Apparently one of the more popular characters on the site, well-known for his habit of stripping, which isn't good enough for Ulqui, but seems to do the job for his numerous IC fangirls. Has also earned (EARNED, not bought) numerous stat points in the past few months. Side note: Anyone who speaks of a gilf pairing will be shot on sight. :U
CREDITS
TO SHATTER FATE
Skin coded by Mugetsu. Some codes were taken from w3schools. Various images were taken from zerochan. Information used was taken from Bleach Wiki. Tite Kubo owns Bleach and it's respective characters. Information and posts made on the forum are copyrighted to the member base. Please do not steal.