I'm Done

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I'm Done

Go down 
+6
Ulqui-chan
Azreal
Salt
Prince Caelum Tsukiyo
Kizomaru Hotaru
Mugetsu
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mugetsu
Admin

Title : The Infamous Hash
Soul Cash : 6088
Female Age : 29

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:27 pm

Well, I have an announcement. Many of you probably won’t care anyway, but I thought I would let you all know. I will most likely be dropping out of forum RP. See, as I was RP’ing on mobion, I realized some things. First of all, I went there to see if doing some shorter posts would help me recover my muse. Then I found out I had never lost it to begin with. I’m already using two characters and posting 10+ times a day. The posts are usually only a paragraph or two, however. But I’ll tell ya, it was a lot more fun than typing up long ass posts and dreading the moment that my partner posts back. Really, the bulk of these large posts is just filler; unnecessary details that no one cares about. Sometimes, I’d take hours trying to think of what nonsense I could add to my posts to make them look bigger. I can’t do that anymore, I honestly don’t have the time. Also, I don’t like the competition. Many people that if they add the most unnecessary bullshit descriptions to their attacks, that they’re sure to hit; then they make a case out of it when you avoid it. Or they add half their bio to each and every post and think they’re just top shit. I already have enough rl stress, I don’t need the stress of having to keep up the appearance of being a “good RP’er”. I’m a good writer, I’m good at thinking of ways to trap opponents, I’m good at designing characters, but I’m not good at RP’ing; I never have been. I’ve always wanted to be anyone but myself, and that’s why I got so addicted to RP, even though it feels like a chore here. Now that my life is starting up, I’ve got to face facts. I can’t live in this fantasy world anymore. In other words, I’m not willing to spend hours poring over RP posts anymore. I’d rather take the easy way out, whip up a post in five minutes, and then go do other things.

Now I realize I sound hypocritical; I’m the one who encouraged large posts and enforced the rules for them. I dunno why, I guess I just thought that was what everyone who RP’ed on forums liked. Looking back, I guess I should not have tried to follow the same code as the other RP forums, but it’s too late.

I also get that there are some people who can type up a long, detailed, awesome post pretty fast, and that the longer posts add more emotion, etc. to the RP. But it’s not my thing. I’m too impatient to read 2000 words posts, and too lazy/busy to type ‘em. These days, even pulling off 750 words is impossible for me. e.e

So there you have it, from now on, I will only participate in rapid-fire RP, and it will be a rare occurrence. If I feel like writing a lot, I’ll write a story or something, like I used to do.

This doesn’t mean I’m leaving or anything, I’ll still run this place, but I’ll just be in the background, doing administrative stuff. Doesn’t make a huge difference since I'm generally ignored a majority of the time these days, unless somebody needs something. You can still ask me for help whenever; I wouldn’t completely ditch a site that I put so much effort into.

One more thing, I’m keeping Ichigo and Pride as unattainable ranks/characters until I’m willing to part with them, if ever. Ereal, you can go ahead and skip over Leto somehow. Sorry for the inconvenience guys.
Back to top Go down
https://bleachoblivion.rpg-board.net
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Title : The Shadow Mistress~
Soul Cash : 4698
Female Age : 32

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:35 pm

Well damn...I always thought you were a good RPer o.o But I kinda have to agree with you, I mean I know I got onto Shaolin about liking detail, but I don't have the mindset or time or anything really to worry about firing off long posts, I've gotta get my life in order >.< I love RPing don't get me wrong, and it helps cope with stress sometimes, but I'd prefer doing like, five line posts without feeling like I fail...
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:47 pm

Well it's nice to hear that... ^^ And yeah, I've been having lots of fun with shorter posts. It's so much more laid-back.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:49 pm

Good ^^ Well you know, we could always say this is rapid fire now o.o Maybe it'll help activity pick up..But yeah, it's fun so long as it's not one or two posts >.< That bothers me for some reason o.o
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 10:58 pm

I doubt that everyone would want it to be rapid-fire. >.<
Back to top Go down
Prince Caelum Tsukiyo
Lost Soul
Prince Caelum Tsukiyo

Title : Deus Prince and Master
Soul Cash : 4487
Male Location : In your bed

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:08 pm

I'm Done 6dcab24deb6e1b8398df505

I wouldn't mind that. For me, I post as I feel. Often I'll post something larger than I actually feel like to keep up with appearances and standard, but I enjoy posting both ways, and will crank out a short one, one-two-or maybe three paragraph post as quickly as I will take the time to crank out a long ass post because I want to add the detail and whatnot.

If we're good going R-F, I'm all for it. It certainly relieves a lot of pressure and stress. Let those who have their ranks have them for "Quality rather than Quantity". I've seen and heard that before. If it's not about length, but about the quality of the post and presence of good grammar and spelling and creativity, then those who have what it takes will certainly manage, either taking better ranks or maintaining those that they have.

I do not fault you for feeling the way you do. Not a bit. I completely understand also. If this is what you want, by all means hon, I approve.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:09 pm

Hmm... well I'll think on it. The other reason is college. Even with rapid-fire, I couldn't post all that often.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:12 pm

@Hash: Well maybe they will o.o Could always take a poll and ask?

Yeah, college is gonna be a bitch T^T That's when I'll really really need RPing XD
Back to top Go down
Salt
Salt

Title : Nomadic Rebel, Future Male Stripper, Philomusically Prodigal Genius, and Destiny Child
Soul Cash : 5151
Male Age : 28

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:26 pm

You kids and your college. o.O

And from what I read, you seemed like a pretty good rp'er to me. :/ My rp philosophy is that length doesn't make a post a quality post; it's content. If the reader has something to go off of my post, and even enjoys it, well, hey, my job here is done.

Anyways, about R-F posting, I, too, would be okay with that. Granted, I'll still probably keep my posts at the same length as they are now, but I'm able to spit them out fairly quickly. And I agree with Caelum on this matter.
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Title : Mr. Ultimate
Soul Cash : 6710
Male Age : 30

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:27 pm

You already know that i agree with how you feel. I hate posting long ass post, i only do it so i will feel more adequte around you all or others. I am more contempt with posting five or six lines. Makes things much more easier for me. The only reason why i forum rp, is because its more active. Like this Naruto forum i am in. Its active, but it cares so much for how long posts are. I have to post over one thousand worded post just to get stat points and other crap. Its annoyng, i would much rather do rapid fire. I honestly don't know how you all can post profiles with over three paragraphs for juust your personality or appearence. Eeh, i understand how you feel, and i don't blame you. I am very cool with Rapid Fire.
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:32 pm

I just don't know where to stop when it comes to characters XD
Back to top Go down
Ulqui-chan
God of Death
Ulqui-chan

Title : The Bloody Cross
Soul Cash : 6082
Female Age : 28

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:34 pm

college isn't so bad really. right now i have too much free time even with reading and writing and with a job i should still have a good chunk of time left. Don't let that worry you too much.

rapid fire doesn't sound horrible. I was gonna go back on moga and do some total half ass posts with some people there just to get a break from the long forum chapter book length I got so used to xD It weird chopping it down now though lol

omg characters. I had that problem too kizo xD i had like 12 in one group one time >_> and i used like...4 xD
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:35 pm

Well I'll consider this then. o.o After work tomorrow, I will have the vote. Although it's rapid-fire, my fire won't be very rapid, so anyone who happens to be RPing with me at the moment will have to be patient. >.>
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:44 pm

@Ulqui: Damn XD

@Hash: Yay!~
Back to top Go down
Ulqui-chan
God of Death
Ulqui-chan

Title : The Bloody Cross
Soul Cash : 6082
Female Age : 28

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:50 pm

well what happened was new people kept coming and i didn't want them to feel left out so i'd make a character xD after that i decided to always limit myself to 4 and maybe make a 5th if i absolutely had to xwx
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:02 am

Ah, nice =3=
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:16 am

Yeah, i am use to having three or four different characters. XD Mostly because i like having more options. Like if one of my characters died(happen a shit load of times when i started out role playing, only for a weak or two though. XD), and i like making new characters. I also hate it. XD Its wierd.
Back to top Go down
Eliminate-Reality
Captain
Eliminate-Reality

Title : Pride Incarnate
Soul Cash : 4408
Male Age : 109

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:08 am

Long posts giving you a problem?

Make Short Posts. Problem Solved.

Any questions?
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:36 am

The thing was she wanted to follow site rules, so if site rule changes from advanced to rapid-fire, the problem is truly solved XD
Back to top Go down
The Dark Closet Rebellion
Seasoned Member

Title : The Conflicted
Soul Cash : 5132

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 5:20 am

College was one of the reasons why I fell out of RPing. True story. I was devastated when my dad would blame it for my failing and decline of my grades. (well, he considers line of 7's or in your grading system D's a fail >_>) Actually, the reason why I started going downhill was because my heart was never in my first course. Sure I've been exposed to the pharmaceutical world for almost my entire life but it's not my thing, it's my dad's. One thing I learned from all this is to always go with your passion, go for things you want to do and don't do it just because you're obligated to help out the family or keep up a standard or something.

But yeah, there are instances back then when I used to RP in gaia when I felt like I was obligated to reply, I mean RPing is awesome but I'm not going to sit my ass the whole day in front of a computer and stuff. It just wasn't fun anymore. And I'm the kind of rper who takes time in making posts. And yeah, I tend to be one of those long posters too, sadly ^^; I tend to get carried away, so right now I'm apologizing to my future RP mates about this. (Heck even now my post is long, Oh God I'm hopeless D: )

Well, I don't know you that well yet, but I'm positively certain that you are a good RPer Smile And you wanting to focus on college and real life is understandable. If you feel like the rapid fire method thing is the only way you can RP for now, then yes you have my vote for it. I'm pretty much good for anything as long as I get to RP.
Back to top Go down
Mugetsu
Admin

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:38 am

Thanks for the support, everyone. ^^ And I know for certain that there are times where I will get carried away and post long, anything like using a bankai, or some kind of really heavy moment in an RP usually gets me all revved up. O_o

But now I have to go to work. Bye. >_<
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 12:57 pm

@Closet: Well I have this issue like, I just wanna get into some kind of school even if it's not something I wanna do, as long as I get something started....But now there's this great college I feel like I could enjoy going to, but it's so expensive that I'm afraid to keep an interest in it x.x

@Hash: Yeah, I'll probably do that too XDD
Back to top Go down
Seasoned Member

Title : The Conflicted
Soul Cash : 5132

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:19 pm

Maybe you can get a scholarship in that college? You just maintain the grade and they take out a certain percent from the tuition. If you think that college has something to offer you that you like then go for it. If there's a will there's a way. Smile

Btw what course are you planning on taking?
Back to top Go down
Kizomaru Hotaru
Admin
Kizomaru Hotaru

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 1:57 pm

I'm home schooled, so I don't think I'll be able to get a scholarship >.<

Well they've got japanese course, and literature and stuff...I wanna take some music and lit classes >.<
Back to top Go down
Azreal
God of Death
Azreal

Character sheet
RPC's:

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 2:29 pm

I have a similar problem. I was declined to go to a college that i wanted to go to. But i was offered a Deffered Admissions. But, i got the message like two days ago. And the fall semster starts tomorow at the community colleges around me, so i am out of luck. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I'm Done Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm Done   I'm Done Empty

Back to top Go down

I'm Done
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BLEACH NIRVANA ::  General :: Archives :: OOC-
Jump to:  
SISTER SITES
SO I WISH FOR STRENGTH
I'm Done Affiliatebanner1-1 Devil Never Cry
Road to Nowhere Bleach The World
KHA An AU KH/FF School RP Forum I'm Done Aff10
CENSUS
IF I CANNOT PROTECT THEM FROM THE WHEEL
ARRANCAR 16 18
BOUNT 3 3
FULLBRINGER 5 12
HOLLOW 3 4
HUMAN 6 7
QUINCY 7 6
SHINIGAMI 13 36
TOGABITO 8 12
VISORED 7 11
TOTAL 68 108
SPOTLIGHT
THEN GIVE ME A STRONG BLADE
Doctor is the member of the month. Ever since he joined, he's been extremely active, and really knows how to get things moving plot-wise. He was recently promoted to staff as well, and so far has shown great enthusiasm. He's also a friendly presence in the c-box, which is never a bad thing.

Gray is character of the month. Apparently one of the more popular characters on the site, well-known for his habit of stripping, which isn't good enough for Ulqui, but seems to do the job for his numerous IC fangirls. Has also earned (EARNED, not bought) numerous stat points in the past few months. Side note: Anyone who speaks of a gilf pairing will be shot on sight. :U
CREDITS
TO SHATTER FATE
Skin coded by Mugetsu. Some codes were taken from w3schools. Various images were taken from zerochan. Information used was taken from Bleach Wiki. Tite Kubo owns Bleach and it's respective characters. Information and posts made on the forum are copyrighted to the member base. Please do not steal.